2016 Forum at Borough Hall
In 2014 Borough President Eric Adams created the Building Brooklyn Right Forum, a faith-based housing initiative for clergy and houses of worship to train and educate around affordable housing and development. Kingdom Faith Developers, a group of clergy, will be partnering with us.
Key pointers for discussion:
- In recognizing that the amount of city-owned land to achieve the Mayor’s vision for 200,000 affordable housing units is a dwindling resource, BP Adams have pursued partnerships with Brooklyn’s faith-based institutions.
- Many of these institutions have the social vision to advance affordable and supportive housing. While they may have excess development rights, often these institutions do not have the financial or technical capacity to advance these development rights.
- This forum will be a comprehensive overview of affordable housing development strategies for faith-based institutions.
- This is the time to learn about the benefits of development and how to create a successful project, from pre-development and financing, to construction and occupancy.
- We are assembling expert panelists to review common terms, provide a project overview, and discuss how to begin the planning process.
- There will be a separate session to talk with key partners you’ll need, including attorneys, architects, lenders, faith leaders and government representatives.